Refrigerated & Frozen Coolers FAQ
1) How does the incentive pay work for this shift?
In addition to the base pay for the shift, there is a $0.50 cent incentive per aisle/endcap/standalone captured. For example, if you capture 8 aisles and 8 endcaps, the total pay would be starting base pay (assume it's $5) + $8 (16 x 0.50) = $13. Larger stores will have more aisles & displays, so that equates to a higher payout!
2) Do I really have to open the cooler doors for this shift?
Yes, you must open the cooler doors to have your shift approved – if the doors are closed, we can’t see all the products due to glare or decals on the cooler doors and your shift will be rejected.
3) Do I capture every cooler in the store?
No, there are areas of the store that are not in scope, which include the following: Front of store beverage coolers, beer or wine coolers, fresh vegetables, bakery/cakes, meat & seafood behind butcher counters, and the deli section. Note that packaged meats (self-serve) and pre-made sandwiches do count!
4) How do I know what is an aisle vs secondary location/display?
The refrigerated/frozen aisles are generally lined up in a couple aisles in the store, and along the back walls of the store. Just like our normal non-cooler shifts, endcaps appear at the ends of aisles, and count as displays. Standalone & Bunker coolers are generally in the middle of the walkways.
Both open air coolers and curved coolers count as AISLES, not as secondary/displays, so be sure to capture them in the correct tasks! You may always refer back to the photo training in the shift.
5) Does it make a difference whether I capture refrigerated or frozen coolers in the endcap or standalone section?
No, please capture all endcap coolers and standalone coolers regardless of them being refrigerated or frozen.
6) What if I can’t capture the full cooler in 1 photo?
Please take 2 photos, the first capturing the top half of the cooler, and the second capturing the bottom half of the cooler. Be sure to overlap a row of products!
7) Can I capture all endcap & standalone coolers in one task?
No, they should be captured in separate tasks, which is good for you, because each endcap/standalone task adds more incentive pay to your shift!
8) What if the cooler wraps around a corner, do I stop taking photos and break it into another task?
Please continue to capture the cooler up until the aisle ends – the part where the next aisle begins will be considered as a separate aisle.
9) What if I take photos in the wrong tasks?
Unfortunately, we have to reject your shift. An example of this would be capturing refrigerated coolers in the frozen cooler section. Please be sure to check which task you are capturing coolers in.
10) What is the Leaderboard Contest?
The Leaderboard Contest is a contest running starting October 1st, until the refrigerated/frozen cooler campaign. The top 10 shifters who complete the most approved shifts during this period will be eligible for cash prizes!
11) Do kickouts count toward the Leaderboard Contest?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. We will only count approved shifts that pass all quality control checks. Only completed shifts count - store not present, store closed, kickouts, etc. will not count toward the Leaderboard Contest!